The Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread are upon us in less than a week. This whole week before Passover is a time to be dedicated to deep contemplation about our relationship with God. It’s a time we need to dedicate to examining ourselves to see if we have been true to God in fulfilling our part of the covenant with Him. God gave us His only begotten Son that we might be reconciled to Him. Jesus Christ gave His own body to be bruised, wounded and beaten up real bad that we may be healed of our physical sins. He shed His own blood and died that we may be forgiven of our spiritual sins. He paid the penalty for all our PAST SINS at baptism. In other words, He did His part of the covenant and thus reconciled us to the Father and made it possible for us to live a new life as begotten sons of God whose destiny is to be born as a real God beings in His divine Family! What an awesome future awaits us because of the great act of love and sacrifice for others that Jesus Christ offered for man.
Now Christ’s sacrifice will be in vain if we fail to perform our part of the covenant. What is our part of the covenant? Well, He didn’t pay the penalty for future sins. That means we still need to prove to God beyond any shadow of doubt that He can entrust us with the awesome powers a God being can have once we are given immortality! We need to prove to God our faithfulness towards Him by our obedience to His law and submission to His will. That means we have to strive as hard as we can against sin! Sin is what will separate us from God if we allow it to enslave us again after we have been set free.
God gave us the Holy Spirit to enable us to overcome sin for the rest of our physical life. The Holy Spirit helps us to identify sin and to work at eradicating sin from our life. Sin is symbolized by leaven during the Days of Unleavened Bread. We all have a personal responsibility before God to fulfill our part of the covenant with Him, of eradicating LEAVEN from our lives and imbibing more and more of His righteousness (UNLEAVENED BREAD) as we go along in this life.
It may be relatively easier to identify and eradicate physical leaven in our homes or our quarters, offices and even in our cars. But it’s not so simple and easy with spiritual leaven, right? Yet God is more concerned about the removal of spiritual leaven in our spiritual house. We are all part of the spiritual Temple of God and we ought to make double or triple sure that our spiritual house or God’s spiritual Temple is not littered all over with SPIRITUAL LEAVEN.
The intention of this article is to help you see the VAST AMOUNT OF SPIRITUAL LEAVEN you can find in our spiritual house, the Philadelphia Church of God. There is a great need to do our Spring Cleaning or hunting down and removal of spiritual LEAVEN tucked away in all the nook and crannies of our spiritual house. If we will just carelessly assume that everything is fine in our spiritual house, think for a moment. Is this not about choosing between eternal life and eternal death? Will you carelessly put you eternal life on the line by being unconcerned about the real status of your spiritual house?
We intend to make the job easier for you by providing you here a list of the SPIRITUAL LEAVEN in the house we loved which happened to be littered all over with so much leaven. We separated the spiritual leaven in our list into five major categories:
- Rebellion against God
- Pagan abominations
- Casting God’s law to the ground
So please take the time to study this material and prove yourself to God that you may continue to claim the sonship He’s offering you and that you are qualified indeed to partake of the Passover symbols next Thursday night worthily. To give more emphasis on these spiritual leaven in the midst of the Philadelphia Church of God, let us consider the prophecy in the whole chapter 7 of Jeremiah which enumerates A LIST OF LEAVEN THAT YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHICH PUFFS UP THE WHOLE PCG LUMP:
1. REBELLION AGAINST GOD
Ezekiel 8:16 talks about 25 men in the INNER COURT. We all know from Mr. Gerald Flurry’s writings that the inner court pertains to the PCG while the outer court pertains to all other COG groups. This prophecy is for today and undoubtedly, the 25 men of Eze 8:16 are ministers of the PCG. What does the prophecy about the 25 men says?
“And he brought me into THE INNER COURT of the LORD’S house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.”
The 25 ministers turned their backs on God by abandoning the Work in the CHOSEN CITY of God, Jerusalem and followed a false vision of doing a Work in Ephraim’s modern day Samaria based on a scripture that embodies their vain vision in Jer 4:15 ‘’For a voice declareth from Dan, and publisheth affliction from mount Ephraim.’’ The voice spoken of here is DEFINITELY NOT “the voice” of God. It’s just a voice and what does it publishes? “Affliction” which is translated by Strongs as nothingness, vanity , wickedness, AN IDOL! EDSTONE is an IDOL!
A prophecy in Habakkuk 2:19 has this to say about the 25 men’s vain vision about setting up a work in Ephraim which God compares to an idol:
“Woe unto him that saith to the wood (Bricketwood), Awake; to the dumb stone (Edstone), Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.”
Didn’t they try to awaken or revive Bricketwood? Yes, but they were not able to bring back to life Bricketwood which indicates God’s will. God, through HWA had it closed down. HWA have seen and proven that it’s not God’s will to continue running a college and a work in the UK. But the 25 men of Eze 8 are insistent in pursuing the false vision they saw in Jer 4:5 so THEY DEFIED GOD’S WILL and looked out for an alternative to Bricketwood. Then they found the dumb stone in Warwickshire and they are doing everything in their power (not God’s) to tell the stone or Edstone, “ Arise, it shall teach.” And so with that magic word, they suddenly have an instant college, another HWAC. This work is the result of an outright rebellion against the will of God.
Can’t you see how they’re putting Edstone now on a high pedestal, putting it on an equal level with the House of God? Can’t you see how they’re calling the place of the Druids as God’s land now? What an irritation to God. What God says in Eze 8:17 is something about the 25 men and we may apply this to returning to do a work in England which provokes Him to anger.
What? Edstone is an idol? Is it a mere coincidence then that Edstone is located in Warwickshire, England which is well known for witchcraft because it is in the heart of the Kingdom of Witches! It’s a place near other stone idols like the Rollright Stones and the King Stone. http://warwickshirewicca.blogspot.co.uk/p/wicca-map.html
Look further in Eze 3:25-26 and see how the 25 ministers are carrying out their rebellion against God.
“But thou, O son of man, behold, they shall put bands upon thee, and shall bind thee with them, and thou shalt not go out among them: And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: FOR THEY ARE A REBELLIOUS HOUSE.”
Look at how they held the son of man or Mr. Gerald Flurry in bands, not with physical materials like rope or duct tape but with the use of unseen force like the power of mind control or spell casting employed by the Druids among them. The son of man was not only held by bands, he was also prevented from speaking to them as a reprover! They have no respect for him as God’s anointed. AS the verse says in the end, they are a REBELLIOUS HOUSE!
Jer 7:24 also reveals the rebellious minds of the 25 men of Eze 8. Instead of following after the counsel of the end time Elijah who saw the futility of doing a Work in England and thus closed down the college in Bricketwood, these men lustily followed after their vain imagination and selfish ambition. They thus, moved BACKWARD with a work in EDSTONE instead of moving FORWARD by finishing the work in Jerusalem.
“But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.” (Jer 7:24)
Many in the PCG will say that the prophecy contained in Jeremiah is aimed at the former WCG (which is now Grace Communion International), but how can you reconcile that line of thinking when God through the prophet Jeremiah was clearly stating that the message is to be delivered to spiritual Judah:
“The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying, Stand in the gate of the Lord‘s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the Lord, all ye of Judah, that enter in at these gates to worship the Lord.” (Jer. 7:1-2)
And who is spiritual Judah in prophecy? According to Mr. Gerald Flurry, the spiritual Jews are the Philadelphia Church of God!
Isaiah 22:20-25 contain an end-time prophecy that God has revealed a great deal about to us – about Eliakim. Verse 21 says the man who fulfills this role “shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.” There is a spiritual and physical application to these scriptures, but we look mainly at the spiritual today.
The “house of Judah” here is the faithful Church of God. You could say it is “the house of the Jews.” WE ARE JEWS – SPIRITUAL JEWS! And this man is a father to Judah.” (July-August 2012 issue, p.6)
As Mr. Flurry wrote in his Jeremiah booklet regarding this prophecy:
Jeremiah taught that there is more to following God than belonging to a temple, a church or an organization of men. He gave one of the strongest warnings in the Bible about leaving God’s Church!
“The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying, Stand in the gate of the Lord’s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the Lord, all ye of Judah, that enter in at these gates to worship the Lord” (Jeremiah 7:1-2).
Spiritually, God’s saints are the temple today. Jeremiah is discussing God’s house, temple or people. He stood in the gate of the temple, where the worshipers had to see and hear him! Of course, the people accused him of leaving God’s temple. They said he was a traitor who was betraying them.
But remember, this is primarily a prophecy for today…
Jeremiah warned them to repent and stop listening to lying words. What were these lying words? The temple, the temple, the temple. Their statement was the same as what God’s people today are saying: the church, the church, the church! Or, to state it another way—“This is God’s Church,” or, “You can’t leave God’s Church,” or, “This is still God’s Church.”
All these statements are lying words! It was a problem in Jeremiah’s time, and he prophesied it would be a problem today in God’s own Church! These are lying words because the statements imply that these are God’s people doing God’s Work. That is simply not true.
God’s faithful people today, just like Jeremiah, have a commission to warn God’s unfaithful people that they are going astray spiritually.
If God’s people are going astray, then it becomes a sin to remain with them. A plea to remain in a sinning church becomes “lying words”! (verse 8).
Some people ask, “Well, can’t God control His own leaders?”
The answer is no, He cannot, because He has made them free moral agents and they must choose right over wrong. God won’t force obedience on His leaders or His followers. Character is built by voluntarily choosing the way of God. The Bible is full of examples where God’s people were led astray by sinful leaders. (pp. 58-59, Jeremiah and the Greatest Vision in the Bible)
Ministers in the Philadelphia Church of God have been telling the members that we (the small flock behind the BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE) have betrayed and and have been rebelling against our God. But if you will look closely with an open mind, who is the one rebelling against God? Read on, prove and test the spirit whether this message came from a puny man or from God.
2. PAGAN ABOMINATIONS:
Now let us continue with Jeremiah’s prophecy concerning spiritual Judah (PCG)
“Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit. Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not; And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?” (Jer. 7:8-10)
IRISH DANCING – It’s a dance which traces it’s origin from the Druid’s practice of worshiping the Oak tree and the Sun -“BURNING INCENSE UNTO BAAL.” See the following links for proofs:
Isaiah 1:29 speaks of the future when the ministers who are responsible for introducing this abomination in the PCG will be ashamed of what they have done.
“For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.”
Design of MORNING STAR logo – derived from the Druid AWEN symbol used by the Bards. Translated to Latin, it is STELLAM MATUTINAM which means LUCIFER!
MOTHERS’ DAY – traces its root from Paganism. Jer 7:18 describes how whole families take part in celebrating the day of the queen of heaven, the origin of mother’s day celebration. Did it provoke God to anger? Listen to what God says:
“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.” (Jer 7:18)
See the following links for more info:
CREMATION – traces its roots from Pagan practices.
“And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.” (Jer 7:31)
Here are some links which provides further information on the pagan origin of cremation:
SINGLES’ TURN ABOUT – Does God’s law condone ROLE REVERSAL in dating? Isn’t a matter of eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good Evil which is the way of experimentation to find out what is right and what is wrong? Has God’s way and design for men and women become boring? Who says so? Does the one who introduced this abomination in the PCG thinks he has a better idea than God?
The unofficial national anthem of England authored by the former Chief Druid himself, William Blake, was adopted and sang by the Choir at the Feast of Tabernacles in the Philippines. Every choir music sang at the Feast originates from Edmond, OK. Ryan Malone must have knowledge of this piece’s Druid origin. He must have been also aware of the Irish Dance’s and the Morning Star logo’s Druid origin.
The 2nd link above gives you the lyrics of the song. Read the 4th stanza and see for yourself the Druids’ vision of Jerusalem. Their vision of Jerusalem is in England. No wonder, the drunkards of Ephraim in the PCG left the real Jerusalem and went to the Druid’s Jerusalem in Warwickshire, England.
The song “Gloria in excelcis deo” which is very Catholic in origin was adopted and used for vocalization practice by the Festival Choir at the Feast of Tabernacles in the Philippines. How can’t PCG ministers distinguish between the clean and the unclean? That song is deeply associated to the Catholic celebration of Christmas. Is there any plan to introduce Christmas celebration in the PCG soon?
3. IDOLATRY – Worship of Ministers
Col 2:18 “Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of ANGELS, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,”
The word ‘angels” in the verse is translated by Strongs as a messenger, by implication a pastor. A pastor is a minister, a mere human being. If you fear a minister more than you fear God, you are worshipping a mere human being in place of God. This is why in the next verse, Col 2:29, it says that one who fears a minister more than God actually disconnects himself from his Head or Jesus Christ! Can’t you see so many headless members in the PCG today? Members cannot make even the smallest decisions for themselves these days without ministerial counsel. What happened to the Holy Spirit which God gave every baptized member to be used in helping us in growing in grace and in knowledge? Have ministers taken over the function of the Holy Spirit in every member’s life?
In effect, the ministers are encouraging members to remain in the category of SUCKLINGS or spiritual babes. They are constantly being fed MILK. Worse, they are being trained to become like robots who cannot make any personal judgment or decision without a minister’s go signal. That is why they do not know how to TEST THE SPIRIT which true Christians are supposed to apply in testing their leaders or ministers’ character. They are trained to blindly follow whatever they are told to do by their minister. To have the BEREAN kind of thinking is not being taught anymore.
Sports and socials
Instead of encouraging God’s people to spend more time in improving and strengthening their spiritual lives, the PCG ministry encourages the people to devote more of their time in sports and socials. It keeps them so busy during the week with practice sessions and with the social gatherings that usually follow after a hard day in the field or in the court. This is a fulfillment of what God says about Satan’s strategy in making war with His people during this time of the last end. It’s in Revelations 12:17.
“And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
Notice the definition in Strongs of the word “war” in the verse. One meaning given is “to bustle.” The word “bustle” means “TO HAVE A LOT OF ACTIVITY”; to move briskly and often OSTENTATIOUSLY.
Ostentation – AN UNNECESSARY DISPLAY OF WEALTH, KNOWLEDGE, ETC. THAT IS DONE TO ATTRACT ATTENTION, ADMIRATION, OR ENVY.
It appears that Satan the devil has done another masterful job of deceiving God’s people in this last end – his warfare involves making God’s people BUSY WITH LOTS OF ACTIVITY through much sports tournament, socializing, etc.
Winning the games or the tournament has become a well entrenched goal in the minds of participants, prodding them to practice more and more while neglecting the pursuit of more quiet time with God. Sporting activities have become idolatry indeed and God is not pleased at all because He is a jealous God.
4. CASTING GOD’S LAW TO THE GROUND
- Polluting the Sabbath with showing of stage musical video which is more entertainment than inspirational on Friday evening during FOT 2013 and FOT 2014. God’s people could no longer distinguish between the clean and unclean because of what the ministers are doing. Everything the minister approves of is deemed lawful in the minds of the brethren. The minister’s word and approval have become the new standard of right and wrong for the members. God’s law is being pushed aside unnoticed by most.
- Observing God’s holy days on the wrong dates in 2013. John Macdonald was warned about the wrong dates but simply brushed aside the advice because it was coming from a mere lay member who happened to be a scientist familiar with the workings of the heavenly clock. The member was even suspended because of his well meaning initiative. A man’s vanity resulted to the whole Church failing to keep God’s Feasts on the correct dates for a whole year and the whole Church sinning against God as a result. http://thelastendbookofremembrance.com/2014/03/22/add-ye-year-to-year/
- Abusive and merciless implementation of the NO CONTACT POLICY.
- Putting out unbaptized children who reaches their 20th birthday and categorizing them as Laodiceans if they fail to seek counsel for baptism after they are given the ultimatum to chose to remain or leave the Church. Is this not being pharisaical? The Pharisees have a never ending list of do’s and dont’s and Christ said that they were teaching commandments of men in Matt 15:9 and Mar 7:7. What happened to the teaching of the end time Elijah that the unbaptized has not yet been given the Holy Spirit? How can they discard what God’s apostle had taught us before? Titus 1:14 tells us not to give heed to the commandments of men that turn from the truth! We lost people in this Church because of this commandment of men. Example: the Matabaran family from Surigao.
- Subjecting unbaptized children of members to the MERCILESS NO CONTACT POLICY if they choose not to seek baptism yet. Member parents are required to kick them out of the house and be on their own, thus pushing them to draw close to the perils and lure of society. Where is God’s love in this Pharisaical decree? It’s pure leaven.
- Suspending teenagers due to some petty reasons for a very long duration resulting in the young people’s feeling of being unwanted and of having no chance at all to be reunited with family in the Church. Instead of drawing them into God’s church, they are actually being turned away and exposed to the lures of the society. Examples: Vani Nadela, Mark Alvarez, Mark Gacer. In the case of Mark Alvarez and her widowed mother Luz, God consider their case as one of oppressing the fatherless and the widow. The ministry is using the 9 booklet as a sword preventing Mark Alvarez from rejoining his mother in Church. See what God says in Jer 7:6 about Judah or the PCG : “If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:” God is talking about the sins of Judah (PCG) in this chapter and oppressing the fatherless and widows is one of the identified sins. God cares much for the welfare of the fatherless and widows as expressed in Exo 22:22: “Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.” The sad thing is that PCG ministers don’t seem to care about them.
- Putting out unbaptized mates of members and categorizing them as Laodiceans if they do not decide to counsel for baptism after having been attending for some time. Is this not a reversal of God’s own word in 1Co_7:14? “For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.” Are PCG ministers holier than God Himself? How can they junk God’s law and impose their own decrees over the members of PCG?
What’s the result of this Pharisaical leaven? Families are ripped apart in a way since they can’t be together during weekly Sabbaths and annual holy days. Examples: Ric Atanacio, Bong Tesoro, Ronnie Denila and their families in the PCG.
— Teaching dishonoring of parents through the NO CONTACT POLICY by way of the following acts:
— Denying poor suspended parents any financial assistance. Example: Tupas family
— Denying suspended parents from seeing their grandchildren. Example: Antonio family
— Prohibiting shedding of tears over a parent who died while under suspension. Example: Marquez family. As an outcome of this vicious new commandment of men, a member of the Marquez clan, Angela Marquez opted to separate herself from her family. She hated all that happened to her parents and to the way her father was deprived of even the slightest honor at his burial. She can’t take it any longer and thus bolted away.
— Teaching dishonoring of parents by way of the following actions:
— Prohibiting those counseling for marriage from telling their parents about their counseling until everything has been finalized. Parents are deprived of their right to know about their children’s marriage plans. Where in the Bible did this law come from? It’s just another commandment of men! Another leaven of the Pharisees in the PCG.
— Teaching young people that it is not necessary for them to help their parents financially when they begin earning their own money. This is a reversal of what Jesus Christ himself told the Pharisees in Mark 7:10-13, “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.” Another leaven of the Pharisees in our midst.
— Depriving the father of his role in protecting and guiding his virgin daughters by urging single ladies to leave home and to live life on their own instead, following Australian tradition. But this is not what God’s law says. Mat 19:5 says “And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?” These Ephraimite Pharisees have replaced God’s law with their own tradition, their own man-made law which God condemns!
— Unlawful and unauthorized sanctioning of DIVORCE or separation of married couples in PCG. These act violates both the law of God and the law of the Philippines. John Macdonald is liable for causing the unnecessary, unlawful or illegal separation of these couples and perhaps there are others.
- Ruddy and Mabel Marquez
- Kenneth & Karen Hernandez
The fact that Rudy Marquez died of a broken heart resulting from his being separated from his wife and family is another culpability of John Macdonald.
- Breaking up of families without due regard to the mental and emotional distress it causes to the brethren which in one case resulted to death by suicide (Janet deGenaro).
- Unmerciful treatment of the poor, the elderly, the shut-ins, widows and orphans, the sick, the disabled. The prophecy about the foolish shepherd in Zec 11:15-16 has been fulfilled and still happening in the PCG.
“For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.” (Zec 11:16)
- The poor and destitute get suspended for being unable to give a 3rd
- The poor and destitute get suspended for coming to the feast with insufficient 2nd tithe. (example: Jun Soguilon. When he arrived at the Feast site, he was not allowed to attend and was asked to immediately return home.)
- People who have sent partial payment and was unable to beat the deadline for complete payment gets suspended. Lester Pastera from the far flung Dinagat island in Surigao was able to send 5,OOO pesos to the Church office and was even issued a receipt. However, he was not allowed to attend the Feast and immediately got suspended by way of a phone call from Mr. Pedrito Cara because he was not able to pay the amount corresponding to his catered meals on time. No mercy was extended. What happened to the weightier matters of the law? Where is judgment that is tempered with mercy and faith? Where did the 5,000 pesos he sent in go? It was not refunded to him.
Mat 23:23 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.”
- People get suspended for being unable to get a job after being asked to relocate to Angeles City. (Example: Butch Bernardo)
- Even a totally disabled member got suspended for being unable to get a job and raise money for his FOT fund. (Benjamin Juta)
- A man (Orville Lilangan) who is fatally ill got suspended and subjected to NO CONTACT POLICY without due consideration to his pitiful predicament. His family was even advised by the ministry to abandon him in the midst of his terrible situation while in the ICU in a hospital. The NO CONTACT POLICY now prevents even the merciful among the brethren to visit him in the hospital. God’s word about the weightier matters of the law HAD BEEN COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN BY THE PCG MINISTRY. They have become worse than the Pharisees!
- A plan to get rid of mostly poor and destitute members who are considered as financial burdens to the Church was achieved by using the 9 booklets like a sword. Most of those in our list of 178 members are in this category. Majority of them were cut down by the sword.
“Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the Lord.” (Jer. 7:11)
- Suspended members are forgotten and even if one approaches the ministry with the desire of being accepted back in the fold, no heartfelt encouragement is at least offered. A case in point is that of Roy Baconguis who even received an undeserved lambasting from his local elder who took away the glimmer of hope from him by telling him, “I will never invite you back.”
- The practice of pure religion has been abolished by the Pharisees of the PCG who made their own laws instead of teaching and practicing God’s own laws.
- Visiting a bereaved member during wake has become prohibited by declaring the practice of holding wake for a few days as “Pagan.” One elderly member was so affected by this decree. While still alive, he made arrangement with his family, to have him buried immediately on the day he dies. In following his instruction, the bereaved family incurred the ire of the siblings of the member who died. Emotions flared up and the bereaved family couldn’t help but take the blame from the angered relatives.
- Visiting a bereaved member during the funeral is prohibited when the presence of Laodiceans cannot be avoided. One member in Surigao (Lourdes Chua) whose husband died and whose mother in law is a Laodicean was so filled with grief because none of the brethren in her place did not show up to at least express sympathy to her and her children. She also felt bad that the Associate pastor did not care to even give her a phone call.
- Visiting a hospitalized member is not encouraged because a members faith is placed under a big question mark when he gets treatment in a hospital. We become the judges of our brethren’s faith.
- Remembering the shut-ins by sending them a greeting card during or before the FOT is not encouraged and no longer practiced.
- Sending a sympathy card by the congregation to a bereaved member is no longer encouraged and practiced.
- Announcing prayer request at Sabbath services had been abolished. But in the case of the former Associate Pastor’s grand daughter who was born premature, repeated announcements were made for prayer requests.
- The giving of monetary help to bereaved members to help defray the cost of caring for the dead is now being discouraged whereas before we used to pass the hat to show our love and support to our brethren in such a dire situation.
- Matter of extending financial help to needy brethren cannot be done without ministerial approval. See attached announcement read at the Feast in 2009. It makes lending money directly to a brother in need an unlawful act.
- Wives of minister are permitted to be overbearing over the men in the Church. Lynda Macdonald exempts herself from the law given in
1Ti 2:11-12 “Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, NOR TO USURP AUTHORITY OVER THE MAN, but to be in silence. “
- Young ministers are not taught to give due respect to seniors, in direct contradiction of Paul’s instructions in Timothy. Young ministers treat older people with contempt.
1Ti 5:1-2 “Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.”
- God’s people are embarrassed as a whole with sarcastic words during a group luncheon at the Feast as most of you can remember. What a way to take away to the people’s joy during the Feast.
- Kirk Macdonald gave a very nasty and unnecessary rebuke given during announcement at Sabbath Services in QC against a member for having given an offering in cheque instead of cash. He made it to appear in that open rebuke that an offering in cheque form is an indication of vanity! What? How did he learn to judge like that? Did he get that biased, unrighteous way of judging from his father?
- John Macdonald didn’t seem to care about what impression people outside the Church might have concerning the PCG. On one incident, he started an altercation with a member at the parking lot of the UP Hostel in the sight of the security guard, a few members and perhaps other people outside the building. The altercation became a bit physical with shoving and pushing and clutching someone’s neck. What a shameful sight it was! A Caucasian minister of the Church in a clash with the Filipino members, forcing them into submission using his superiority as a man. What a bad impression it may have left in the minds of those people who witnessed the commotion.
- During registration for FOT, the atmosphere at the business office is always tense and those serving at the registration counters look so uptight as if they are not allowed to talk and exchange pleasantries with the people. It’s a far cry from the congenial, pleasant and service oriented treatment you experience at customer service counters in the world like the hotel front desk. Where is the light which the world should see in the PCG?
- PCG ministers put aside the Matt 18 principle by quickly condemning a member based on mere suspicion reported by another.
- A senior member was suspended for having merely read a few articles in the internet that actually upholds the truth taught by HWA and GRF. This was the case of Mr. Nicanor Antonio. He wasn’t causing division for having simply read something in the internet. But because he was removed from the PCG for having seen the truth of God, he had to stand his ground for the truth and for God! He chose to sacrifice being cut-off from his family and that’s how strong his conviction is in making a stand for God. Some PCG members mockingly call him Bitter but they are absolutely wrong about their mockery that mere bitterness caused him to embrace the teachings contained in the Book of Remembrance. It’s about serving God’s purpose of preventing the spiritual annihilation of God’s people.
- But now, even if members have read the whole book and a lot of emails coming from the Last End Book of Remembrance group, suspension is waived. A member in this category doesn’t get suspended anymore. What happened to the law? Is it being relaxed since it is nothing but a man-made law, a leaven of the Pharisees in the PCG?
- Another senior member was suspended based on a mere suspicion that she had been in touch with a suspended member although it was unproven and there was NO WITNESS at all to support the suspicion. This was the case of Mrs. Columna. Unrighteous judgment is a trademark of PCG Pharisees.
- Members are actually taught indirectly to betray one another. Even children at the IA are encouraged to watch one another and look for faults in others and to have them reported immediately to their teachers. Thanks to the Macdonalds, the prophecy in Matt 24:10 is being fulfilled in the PCG-Philippines now. “And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.”
- John Macdonald’s sermon on NEUTRALITY encourages brethren to become fault finders and to be always on the look out for the mistakes or sin of others. They think it is a healthy attitude or behavior when brethren watch one another or doesn’t trust one another. But is that what the law of love produces? Read 1Cor 13, the love chapter and see how wrong this is. What do you think of the prevailing atmosphere in your congregation when you notice the wide open eyes and ears of the watchdogs around? Are you enjoying it? Really? Isn’t it totally the opposite of what God desires to see in His Church?
Psa_133:1 “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”
- Practicing betrayal of one another seems to get rewarded in this Church while developing mutual trust between brethren is being discouraged.
- Baptismal and marriage counseling has become a way of extracting information about a person’s unmentionable private secrets which may be used in the future by the minister as a means of blackmailing the baptism candidate into submission.
— Asking very private questions about sex life and practices during baptismal counseling is downright outrageous, shameless, brazen, insensitive, very shocking and uninspiring. How can John Macdonald ask questions such as, “Do you practice masturbation? How often do you do it? Do you do it while watching a pornographic video or reading a pornographic magazine? Did you ever have a girlfriend/boyfriend before? Did you ever had sex with him/her? It’s an indirect way of asking, Are you still a virgin?” These are the final questions that ministers like John Macdonald asks a single PM after the doctrinal counseling had been completed by an LCE. It has resulted in the PM loosing interest in the PCG and deciding to just go back to the society.
— Those who are counseling for marriage are asked similar questions about pre-marital sex experience and when a very personal or private secret surfaces, it becomes a great favor for the persons involved when they are soon allowed to schedule their wedding. But the “very personal secret” doesn’t really become very private as it is sometime shared with some others when it can be used to attain the minister’s personal purpose. So don’t think nobody else knows your secret. Your secret has not been really safeguarded! Ask John Macdonald about it.
5. PRACTICE OF RACISM BY THE MACDONALDS AGAINST THE FILIPINOS
- Speaking in Tagalog with fellow brethren in the congregation has been prohibited. Antonio said that he was once rebuked by John Macdonald for not insisting to speak in English with fellow Filipino brethren who are more comfortable to speak in the local language. He was told that he should not go down to the level of the people. It sounded like speaking Tagalog is something demeaning or degrading. But how is it that Church literatures are being published in numerous other languages? Why is it that interpreters for Spanish, German, French speaking brethren are provided at the Feast sites in International sites?
- Wearing a simple and affordable barong at Sabbath services has been prohibited and it’s looked upon as inappropriate. What? The Filipino national attire for men is considered inappropriate for Sabbath service? If one is to wear a barong, one is required to wear the expensive ones like those made of pina or jusi. Don’t they know that not many Filipino can afford those dress barongs? Where is the love and understanding for the poor amongst us? During the WCG days or under HWA, the rule was “wear the best you can afford” which is being considerate towards the poor brethren in the Church. The PCG ministry is simply anti-poor.
- John Macdonald looks down on the Philippines’ educational system. He thinks that the Philippine schools produce a lot of graduates who end up taking jobs abroad as domestic helpers. Comparing IA, he believes that IA’s graduates will put to shame the graduates in other local schools. That’s a bigoted put down on the Filipinos. At the same time, both IA teachers and students are encouraged to become vain and arrogant about themselves with the superiority complex being injected in their minds.
- John Macdonald looks down on Filipinos in general and thinks he can easily bully anyone into submission to him. While in a taxi cab once with Mr. and Mrs. Antonio in General Santos City, the driver kept talking to Mr. Antonio but wouldn’t talk to him although he was seated in front. The driver chose to speak to the Filipino at the back seat to ask where they are going probably because of language barrier. But JM was infuriated by that and took offense at the driver speaking to Mr. Antonio instead of him. In an angry voice, he stared at the driver and yelled at him, “Hey you, don’t speak to him at the back. Speak to me, I’m the one paying!” Whatever happened to the principle of letting our light shine before men?
- On one occasion at the Feast, Filipino members in general, are put to shame by embarrassing a poor member from the province with a public correction about the proper use of the toilet, given in the announcement at the Feast by John Macdonald. In effect, he gave a very bad impression in the minds of overseas brethren about the Filipinos. Why embarrass everybody when it’s just an isolated incident with just one person?
Can you see that the mountain size amount of leaven scattered all over inside the PCG cannot be removed by the members themselves? Yes of course, you cannot solve the problem of the PCG but you can get out of the house of leaven so you will no longer be defiled. Otherwise, you can get buried under tons of leaven inside the PCG. The only thing you can do to get yourself ready for Passover and the Days of Unleavened Bread is to get out of the HOUSE OF LEAVEN and cleanse yourself. This is the right time to focus on purifying yourselves and be right with God just before you renew your baptismal vow with Him.
Well, again the skeptics inside the PCG might say that all these prophecies are again pointed to the former WCG, but let us consider the prophecy in Jeremiah 7:
“And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim. Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.” (vv. 15-16)
Now ask yourself, how can you reconcile the application of this prophecy: Will God cast out for the second time, the WCG? Or is it referring to another group apart from them? The answer is, God shall cast out spiritual Judah, the Philadelphia Church of God out of His sight as what He has done previously with the Worldwide Church of God. And God is putting emphasis on the drunkards of Ephraim! Will the spiritual Jews (PCG) in this last end ever listen?
“Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers. Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee. But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth. Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the Lord hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath. For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the Lord: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it.” (vv. 26-30)
“The children of Judah” (the PCG) have done EVIL in God’s sight: “they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it” – God’s house is now FULL OF LEAVEN! Members in the PCG will still justify themselves, “we are not the Laodicean Church,” we are the Philadelphia Church of God, we are the remnant of God’s true Church.
The remnant is the last one, or the Laodicean Era… Revelation 12:17 …went to make war with the remnant…that keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Now the Laodicean Church will be keeping the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus, or they wouldn’t be the Church of God. But they are lukewarm, and they are asleep; (Sermon Transcript: Warning To The Church, by Herbert W. Armstrong, 1 July 1978)
We are now in the Laodicean era, who do you think is the “remnant” who is keeping the commandments of God and have the testimony or prophecy of Jesus Christ? No other group can best fit this description but the Philadelphia Church of God only! The other COG splinter groups may also be keeping God’s commandments, but they do not have the spirit of prophecy the way the PCG has. And as Mr. Armstrong prophesied, we are LUKEWARM and we are also ASLEEP. Let us leave you now with these words from the Lord:
Mic 2:8-10 “Even of late my people is risen up as an enemy: ye pull off the robe with the garment from them that pass by securely as men averse from war. The women of my people have ye cast out from their pleasant houses; from their children have ye taken away my glory for ever. Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.”